Art in your Spanish holidays
If we asked people for three words that define the Spanish culture they would probably say: Good food, beach, party … and Olé!
And maybe, in some rare occasions, travelers would mention art when answering this question. But, did you know that Spain has one of largest and most envied collections of art in the world?
That’s why every time there are more and more people interested in choosing a destination in their spanish holidays which offers good food, climate and quality of life, but also good art and culture.
5 art venues to visit during your spanish holidays
- Museo del Prado, Madrid : The Prado Museum is the first on our list, rated as “one of the best museums in the world” by many travelers. It is a place where every corner holds art in its purest essence.
- Museo Thyssen- Bornemisza, Madrid: Considered one of the members of the Triangle of Madrid, the Thyssen museum has a fine selection of pictures you cannot miss when visiting the capital of Spain.
- Museo Guggenheim, Bilbao: The contemporary art museum is a “must” if you are in Bilbao. And what a better plan to enjoy it than savoring its great cuisine, architecture and interesting art venues.
- Museo Picasso, Málaga: The impressive works by Picasso along with the beauty of the Buenavista Palace, makes of this museum a great venue full of interest for visitors. The perfect mix to enjoy the good climate of the region and its best art works.
- Fundación Joan Miró: The “Fundació” is a dynamic space where contemporary art and the promotion of research and studies on Miró go hand-to-hand. Besides enjoying the art and striking architecture that Barcelona offers, this is a highly recommended destination for a memorable Spanish holidays.
If you are looking for something else than sun and sand during your spanish holidays, contact us and let us recommend you where to go and what to do based on your likes and requests.