Package holidays to northern spain: culture and gastronomy in Galicia
by hiddeninspain / Thursday, 21 April 2016 / Published in News
It is always an exciting task to plan your next package holidays to northern Spain. But sometimes this process can be exhausting, specially when you want to convene a series of conditions (good weather, food, culture / history, landmarks …) to make your stay unforgettable.
Thus, Galicia is the perfect holiday destination and guarantees all the above requirements. Every time more and more travelers choose Galicia as their holiday destination for their spanish holidays.
Enjoy our package holidays in Galicia, in the north of Spain
5 key destinations for a perfect holiday in Galicia
- Santiago de Compostela: Every year, the capital of Galicia welcomes thousands of pilgrims, from all around of the world, with one goal: to reach the Cathedral and fulfill their promise after walking/cycling the stages of the Camino. Once there you cannot miss the old town, its exquisite architecture, museums, parks, gardens and art galleries. For young people, the Paris – Dakar route, an unique tour of the best bars in town, is compulsory.
- O Grove: This beautiful municipality is located in the province of Pontevedra. Famous for its rich landscapes, gastronomy and cultural heritage, once there you can not leave without visiting the spectacular beaches of “La Lanzada” and “Area Das Pipas”, relaxing in the Spa of La Toja or enjoying the beautiful views from the Mirador de Siradella.
- Cambados – Pontevedra – Combarro: In an area of thirty kilometers you can find three key points on your trip to Galicia. You can start in Cambados, a cozy town in the heart of the Rias Baixas. Then move to Pontevedra, a surprising city, specially when you walk through its pedestrian streets, squares and bridges … To finish the route you can make a stopover in the fishing village of Combarro, located very close to Sanxenxo and Portonovo, which has been declared Property of Cultural Interest.
- Cies Islands: The visit to these islands has become a must thanks to its spectacularity and the possibility of visiting one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Its crystal and turquoise clear waters and a thin white sand, that has nothing to envy to the Caribbean Sea, have made the Cies a compulsory visit on your spanish holidays. How to get there? From Vigo you can get a ferry that takes you directly to the islands in 15 minutes.
- Southern Galicia: Another choice for your holidays in Galicia is the area of Bayona, located very close to the neighboring villages with Portugal. Our recommendation: Oia and/or A Guarda, where the River Miño falls into the atlantic ocean. Both have a great cultural and natural heritage that well deserves a visit.
If you want further information about this area of Spain and/or want to book your holidays in Spain with a top travel specialist, please click here!
Tagged under: galicia, package holidays to northern Spain, spanish holidays
One Response to “Package holidays to northern spain: culture and gastronomy in Galicia”
Subscribe to receive our newsletter
Best Tailor-Made Tour Company 2021 in SpainHidden in Spain awarded as "Best Tailor-Made To...
Christmas break: Enjoy New Year’s Eve in SpainWe can help you plan an unforgettable holiday i...
[…] Holidays in Galicia: A package holidays to northern spain where good climate, great gastronomy, culture and emblematic landscapes come together […]